Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Board Members 1st District)
Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Board Members 2nd Distirct)
RA NO. 7160, SECTION 18.
Power to Generate and Apply Resources
Local government units shall have the power and authority to establish an organization that shall be responsible for the efficient and effective implementation of their development plans, program objectives and priorities; to create their own sources of revenue and to levy taxes, fees, and charges which shall accrue exclusively for their use and disposition and which shall be retained by them; to have a just share in national taxes which shall be automatically and directly released to them without need of any further action; to have an equitable share in the proceeds from the utilization and development of the national wealth and resources within their respective territorial jurisdictions including sharing the same with the inhabitants by way of direct benefits; to acquire, develop, lease, encumber, alienate, or otherwise dispose of real or personal property held by them in their proprietary capacity and to apply their resources and assets for productive, developmental, or welfare purposes, in the exercise or furtherance of their governmental or proprietary powers and functions and thereby ensure their development into self-reliant communities and active participants in the attainment of national goals.
Sources: Local Government Code of 1991; Task and Responsibilities Checklist issued by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG)
Power and Responsibilities
- Serve as presiding officer of the sangguniang panlalawigan (provincial board)
- Appoint all officials and employees of the sangguniang panlalawigan aside from those appointment is prescribed in the Local Government Code of 1991
- Take over as governor for the remaining years in a term in the event of permanent vacancy, therefore exercising all powers and functions of the provincial chief executive
Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board) Member
- Enacting ordinances and resolutions to appropriate funds for the programs and projects of the province
- Enact annual and supplemental appropriations of the provincial government
- Approve and pass ordinances and resolutions necessary for the function of the provincial government
- Grant franchises and approve permits and licenses