Restoration of the old Provincial Jail and Courthouse which was built in 1916 and soon to be the new Sorsogon Provincial Museum and Archives.
Timeline Post Type Description
October this year, Opening of the Museo ng Gerilya sa Sorsogon located at the restored Gabaldon Building at Sorsogon East Central School, Brgy. Burabod, Sorsogon City.
December this year, a Burial Jar excavated in San Juan Bacon District, Sorsogon City was reported to the Sorsogon Museum and Heritage Center
On October 17, Kapitolyo ng Sorsogon Historical Marker Installation as part of the official opening of the Kasanggayaan Festival 2018 with Commissioner Rene Escalante of the National Historical Commission of the Philippines as the guest of honor.
On May 19-22, the SPMHCI hosted the International Museum Day sponsored by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts
On July 25, a carcass of a whale shark was found in Vinisitahan, Donsol, Sorsogon, believed to have died more than a month already before it was discovered. It is estimated to weigh 8 metric tons and measures 10 meters long On September 16, the vertebra of the whale shark was exhumed and now lies at the gallery of the SPMHCI
June 28 of this year marked the official opening of the museum
On October 17, was the soft opening of the museum featuring Sorsogon’s history where the museum’s library was unveiled
On January 5, a Memorandum of Agreement was executed and signed between the provincial Government and SPMH Center, Inc. for the museum to be established at the present site, the old provincial hospital built during the American Period between 1916-1920
The Sorsogon Provincial Museum and Heritage Center was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission under Registration no. CN 200425848 On July 25, Resolution Number 81-04 was passed by the Provincial Sangguniang Panlalawigan resolving the use of the old Provincial Hospital building at the Capitol grounds as the museum site